-
January 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Last Saturday, I went to the AG Place Chicago to get my new Josefina, and an outfit for Addy. I just love the what I got for Addy--her school blouse, skirt and jacket. It's a bit of a tight fit, but it doesn't bother me. Josefina, on the other hand, I have barely touched. She hasn't even been taken out of the box hardly. This doll is WEIRD looking for one thing--Her eye's are super wide (though not as wide as those of the fakes), she's super pasty-looking, and she looks like she has bags under her eyes!! Overall, she just doesn't look right. She is a FAR cry from the gorgeous pre-Mattel Josefina I once had. Even the Mattel Josefina's before this one were pretty! Another thing is her wig is just TERRIBLE. My mom thought that if I took her hair out and re-did it, the doll would look cuter (she hates it whenever I send a doll away). Her hair was pulled back really tightly, and didn't look very attractive. Well, I took her hair down, and to my horror, I found that her hair was very,very THIN, and that there wasn't much of it. It was silky-shiny, but just CHEAP. Everytime I touched it, about a hundred strands fell out. And you could clearly see the wig-cap even when the hair was braided. By the way, she has the American Girl, LLC stamp on her neck, which was a very unsettling thing of see. The white camisa is pretty much see-through, and the moccasins are super-cheap and plasticky looking. As you can guess, I am VERY un-happy with this doll! I will be brining her back to the store for a refund--hopefully they won't notice or care that her hair was taken out. With the money I get back, I'll get a much nicer Josefina off ebay. So, I just thought I'd just give you an example of how much the company has cheapend its products.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks